Saturday, May 19, 2007

WNBA started today

I was surprised and pleased to see that there was a WNBA game on national TV today, ESPN or some channel like that. I didn't watch it...I was trying to find out if the DiceK-pitched Red Sox game was on TV, but it wasn't.

I have too much to do lately to watch any sports on TV, although I would have taken a break to see DiceK. It does seem as if this Japanese rookie has gotten his stuff together and is now being the great pitcher that the Red Sox hoped for when they paid so much money for him. I hope so - I would like him to succeed.

Anyway, there are a couple of WNBA teams that I will watch if they show em on an appropriate channel - Shanna Zolman has been a pro for a year, Sidney Spencer starts her inaugeral season this year. They're both former University of Tennessee Lady Vols players. I'd also like to see Chamique Holdsclaw play. There are a few other Lady Vols in the pros but I'm not too interested in them ... I would like to see Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird... not to mention Lindsay Whalen (I'm an old inhabitant of Minneapolis, Minnesota - Lindsay was a Lady Gopher.)

But I simply didn't have time to watch the WNBA game today...and I won't make time to watch any NBA games until the Finals come on. I hope it'll be Detroit vs the Jazz.

No comments: