Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Book: The Lobster Chronicles

This blog will cover not only the wide world of sports but the wide world of the outdoors as well...so I can get in a plug for a book that I think everyone with an interest in the water will enjoy.

The Lobster Chronicles: Life on a Very Small Island
Linda Greenlaw
2002

Anyone who's read The Perfect Storm may remember that Linda Greenlaw was in it - she was a swordfish captain at the time. She retired a few years later to become a lobsterman, and this is her story.

It's a bit fictionalized in places, which I don't really care for but at least she tells you this ("I have taken the liberty of composite characters in a few cases" "I have also played with thre chronology"), unlike some people who make up their biographies/memoirs out of whole cloth and pretend its the honest truth....

She's a good writer, she's got an interesting story to tell.

No comments: