Thursday, January 1, 2009

Why is John Daly so popular?

After the report that John Daly had been suspended from the PGA tour for 6 months (he can still golf in non-PGA events), a few people chimed in on the subject at CBSSportsline.com.

Most of them see Daly as a waste of space and a disgrace to golf, but quite a few are actually defending the guy, seeing him as a "regular guy" and a "colorful guy" - and the fact that he puts himself into a position where other people have power over him doesn't seem to matter.

By that I mean - if you get so drunk that you have to be arrested, and get to go places and do things dressed in an orange jump suit, you're hardly your own man, and there's nothing admirable about it.

Representative of young people, perhaps, they don't mind getting wasted and trashed every day, accomplishing nothing with their lives, and thinking that they're "free" because they dont' have to answer to anybody, not realzing that the only reason why they're not starving in the streets is because misguided governments give them welfare and free needles so they can continue their parasitic lives...

(Yes, I feel strongy about this. I have health issues myself, which have prevented me from accomplishing the great things I'd once dreamed of. To see perfectly healthy people, who could do anything they want, wasting their good fortune on drink and drugs when I'd do anything to have that health, just really, really pisses me off.)

No comments: