Wednesday, June 6, 2007

MLB TV on my computer

A week or so ago I decided to bite the bullet and subscribe to MLB TV so I could watch games while I work on my computer. This was necessary for two reasons - I'm a Seattle Mariners fan and I live in Virginia, so I haven't a hope in heck of ever seeing a game on TV, except when they play against the Yankees or the Red Sox, and even then it probably won't happen...

I also like the Twins, who used to be my hometown team before I moved to VA.

Anyway, it cost only $60 for the package (I didn't opt for the "high-definition" package, I can see it just fine the way it is) and not only can I watch the game on the day, I can also watch previous games, whenever I want.

The only thing that really, really annoys me is this blackout nonsense. Because of my zipcode, I'm blacked out from watching the Orioles and the Nationals. (Except after the live game has passed.)

And this is just ridiculous. For example, the Orioles are currently in Seattle playing the Mariners, and I'm blacked out! This despite the fact that the Orioles are not on TV - normally they're on Channel 4 or 43 in my area, when they are on, and they're not on! So why should I be deprived of seeing them in Seattle just because they're not playing in Baltimore???

And apparently every game is blacked out on Saturday afternoons. [From TV, I can still listen to them all via digital radio.)

Presumably, they do this so people will have to watch commercial TV when the games are on, but this is just ridiculous. I played my money to watch these games -I should be able to watch them, period.

Anyway, the Twinkies are stinking it up again today.... come onTwins!!!!

Anyway, it's a good

No comments: