Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Beat the Streak 2009 is here!

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/bts/y2009/

I missed out on yesterday's game, but got started with today's game. I've already made my first 10 choices (the most you're allowed to make at one time is ten games). Of course, some of those I'll modify on the day of the game, but it's important that you never miss a game, because if you forget to choose a player, that ends your streak, assuming you've got one!

So, I chose Dustin Pedroia for today, and he rewarded me by hitting a homerun in his first at-bat.

These early games are really a "crap-shoot," as it's too early in the season to know if a player is on a streak or in a slump. But if Pedroia's homer is any guide, looks like he's starting out as hot now as he was when the season ended last year.

My next 10 picks (which may be modified - I'll update you each day with any changes) are

April 7 - Dustin Pedroia of the Red Sox - homerun
April 8 - Dustin Pedroia again. He hits Scott Kazmir well
April 9 - Jacoby Ellsbury has a good average against Garza. I'll see how he does in these first two games, then may or may not keep him.
April 10 - Derek Jeter. He hits well against Sidney Ponson.
April 11 - Mark Loretta (Dodgers) against Brandon Webb.
April 12 - Ryan Howard (Phillies) vs Aaron Cook
April 13 - Jed Lowrie of the Red Sox
April 14 - Derek Jeter
April 15 - Derek Jeter
April 16 - Manny Ramirez

No comments: