Monday, August 25, 2008

Will Tiki Barber Be Fired?

I only heard about this because I read Mike Freeman's blog entry about it today.

Apparently Tiki Barber called his co-anchor at the Olympics, a woman, Jenna Wolfe, a C - unt.

At about the 28 second mark.



Tiki should be fired because you should not be able to swear on national TV.

Here's the thing, of course. Boys swear, and men swear. It's something about the testosterone, eh? I remember my father never swore around us kids, but when he got on the phone to his brother or another male friend of the same age, he'd be using damn as an adjective and hell as an adjective... because he was talking with another guy.

These days women and girls probably think nothing of swearing the same way, but that's a different rant for a different time and blog...

According to Mike Freeman, Tiki doesn't have a superbowl ring and Wolfe was teasing him about that. So when she made another joke at his expense, he didn't have the wit to come back at her with somethign clever and just so used the c-word. Which I'm a bit surprised at because Tiki is a very articulate man.

(And I know articulate has become known as the a-word, but he is articulate, so just deal with it!)

I used to like Tiki until last year when he did indeed reveal himself to be a total jerk...I'm shocked he'd be stupid enough to use such a word on the air, but, unfortunately, I won't be shocked if he doesn't get fired for it. He only insulted a woman, after all.

No comments: