Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Brett Favre and Irresponsible Journalism

Oh, I have such a rant today, on a variety of subjects.

First, let's start with Brett Favre.

Early this morning, on my Google desk top where I get all these news feeds, I read the headline "Brett Favre Retires." I followed it to whatever the news outlet was, and most of the comments were surprise that he'd decided to retire after his great last season.

I came back two hours later, and there's a new headline, "Favre Says Packers Didn't Want Him Enough."

As soon as I read that headline, I thought to myself, "I am so over Brett Favre. Talk about a pampered, spoiled baby."

So I click on the link, and instead of being taken to the article, I'm taken to the front page of The Sporting News, where they're advertising games and such like for various sports.

So I look at the top and there's all the sports running across the navigation bar, so I click on the NFL and I'm taken to their NFL home page, and nowhere on this page is a headline saying "Favre Says Packers Didn't Want Him Enough."

So I dont know if he said that, or if some disreputable journalist decided to make that up, or what's going on!

I would like to believe that Brett Favre would not be so childish as to decide to retire in a fit of pique because the Green Bay Packers didn't call him every day begging him to announce whether or not he'd retire.

A person is smart, people are stupid
On a side note, we've got the case that's been boiling up for a week or two. There's a video on YouTube of two Marines (but with no insignia of rank, etc.), and one of them throws a small puppy over a cliff and laughs when it hits.

And people on YouTube, and in other places, are outraged about this. And the Marines in Hawaii are promising to investigate the case. And lots of people, who have heard the man's last name being said on the video, have been sending death threats to some marine with the same last name. They don't know if he's the one who did it, but since he's got the same last name, they are quite prepared to lynch him (and no, he isn't black, but they are quite prepared to lynch him nevertheless!!!!) based on no facts whatsoever.

Now, obviously if this guy did kill that dog in such a way, and did allow his fellow marine to film it, and did allow that same friend to put it on YouTube, then obviously he's not only a vicious berk but also extremely stupid, and deserves to be put into jail for stupidity....

No comments: